Go Back   Metal Throne Forums > Metal Instruments > Guitars, Bass and Drums
About Us Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2012, 02:48 AM
Spacefarer

Default Deciding on a new guitar.

So I've been wanting a new guitar for a time and I'm a bit overwhelmed by different brands and all their specific models. I play different kinds of metal - mostly death and traditional heavy metal with a bit of progressive. This'll be my third guitar and I'd enjoy a good quality guitar which I can play for a long while to come.

In terms of brands, I've been looking mostly at Jacksons and I've heard they're made quite well. I've played one of their Rhoads models (not sure of the specific one) at a shop before and enjoyed it. I'm not set on any particular Jackon model; I've just been eyeing the brand in general.

On the other hand, B. C. Rich caught my eye for only one reason - their Chuck Schuldiner tribute Stealth model. As a big Death fan, it's hard to ignore the idea of playing the same kind of guitar as Chuck. It's rather pricey for my budget at $1,000, though and I also hear B. C. Rich's guitars aren't so up-to-par in term of quality unless they're from the custom shop. Would this model be any different?

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think and hear any suggestions.

Old 04-21-2012, 09:23 PM
Metalcoholocaustist

Default Re: Deciding on a new guitar.

Get a schecter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
Old 04-22-2012, 01:30 AM
Posttentious

I have had the Damien FR for probably over 3 years now and I still love it. You'll pull your hair out the first time you change the strings though if you've never had a Floyd Rose tremolo before.
Old 04-22-2012, 02:16 AM
Boss Nigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrap View Post
So I've been wanting a new guitar for a time and I'm a bit overwhelmed by different brands and all their specific models. I play different kinds of metal - mostly death and traditional heavy metal with a bit of progressive. This'll be my third guitar and I'd enjoy a good quality guitar which I can play for a long while to come.

In terms of brands, I've been looking mostly at Jacksons and I've heard they're made quite well. I've played one of their Rhoads models (not sure of the specific one) at a shop before and enjoyed it. I'm not set on any particular Jackon model; I've just been eyeing the brand in general.

On the other hand, B. C. Rich caught my eye for only one reason - their Chuck Schuldiner tribute Stealth model. As a big Death fan, it's hard to ignore the idea of playing the same kind of guitar as Chuck. It's rather pricey for my budget at $1,000, though and I also hear B. C. Rich's guitars aren't so up-to-par in term of quality unless they're from the custom shop. Would this model be any different?

Anyway, I'd like to know what you guys think and hear any suggestions.
You'er thinking of Gibson. But yeah get a Schecter, they're nice guitars, them and Washburns can be too depending on what guitar you get.

He has a fucking boner...

Queers.
Old 04-22-2013, 12:13 PM
The Committe

It all depends on the budget! Stay away from cheap shit with a BIG brand name ( like cheap BC rich or Jacksons ) these fuckers are usually made in China and not worth shit!

If you want a decent quality democratically priced guitar, try finding a mid 80' or 90' Japanese guitar. They are generally good quiality and today very cheap.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:28 AM
Sacrificial Suicide Cultist

I would suggest to pick an axe that suits more different styles. You wank that hard metal some years and want to do something else for a chance. I had BC Rich Ironbird for some time but got tired of it's stylistic limits when I wanted to play something else with it.

I own punch of Ibanezes, I like 'em best, but there's many others...

-Janne (Forcefeedfailed)
Old 07-01-2013, 09:02 PM
\m/dHb\m/

I currently play an ESP and a Schecter... I really love my ESP as it has nostalgic value and is a great sounding and playing axe... But When I buy a new one it will likely be a Schecter again... they are just so well made... At least in my experience and for my taste...
Old 07-01-2013, 09:05 PM
\m/dHb\m/

I also have a BC Rich Warlock But don't play it much (It isn't a super fancy one). Looks good on my wall though, or on stage in the background... hehe
Old 07-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Banned

The guy hasn't logged on in a year why is this threa afloat.