Go Back   Metal Throne Forums > Metal Instruments > Guitars, Bass and Drums
About Us Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
-

Default Favorite Guitar Company

I am bored. So I have decided out of curiosity and boredom to ask forum members favorite guitar company and why.

Personally my favorite is Jackson mainly because of the slim necks and overall shred feel (I know thats a poor description. Close runner up would be Washburn because of the great natural sustain and craftsmanship but the neck thickness gets annoying.

Old 08-01-2009, 02:27 PM
Scream Bloody Whore

Default Re: Favorite Guitar Company

I like ESP's, I have two of them (an old 'Junior' strat-type) and an M-II. Similar to Jackson in regards to the neck thickness, they're slim and nice. I also have a Jackson 'Kelly' explorer loaded with EMG's which I use for other tunings (I usually tune my ESP's to D, and the Kelly to C). I also like Ibanez, but I sold the one I had some years ago.
Old 08-01-2009, 05:03 PM
Senile Member

I own an Ibanez and no matter what everyone else says it has a pretty good feel to it, and it looks nice.

I also own a BC Rich, and ever though it was under $200 it still plays very very nice, although the tone isn't too good and it's got a lot of splinters in the body.

I would like to own a Schecter. From what I've played, there guitars are top-notch.

Jackson are very good, as are ESP, but I've only played a couple of guitars from those brands.

Gibson, no matter what other people say, are very nice, also.
You could sew it [Burzum patch] over your eye and pretend you were blind. Then, later on, you'd rip it off, in a shower of blood and tears, and reveal to everyone's astonishment that actually, you could see perfectly well. You'd be the life of the party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Scream Bloody Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Cthulhu View Post

I would like to own a Schecter. From what I've played, there guitars are top-notch.

Gibson, no matter what other people say, are very nice, also.
I've also heard that Schecter make very good guitars, and also within the budget of most people. They also look very good imo. Gibson is the granddaddy of them all, too bad they're so overpriced.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:41 PM
-

Personally I prefer Fender over Gibson think about it if gibson are so much more creative why is the stratocaster the all time number one design. Also I don't hate Gibson just some employees who try to brag.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Lord Revenant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
think about it if gibson are so much more creative why is the stratocaster the all time number one design
HAHAHA

Oh dear.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
This forum's members are an elite wall, devoted to defending the status quo and identifying and humiliating those less knowledgeable than ourselves.

We shall all die alone.
Old 08-01-2009, 11:48 PM
-

Yeah actually I poorly worded that but still underlining it is a good point.
Old 08-02-2009, 12:43 AM
Senile Member

no, we are laughing because it's fucking retarded.

The stratocaster is the most overrated instrument ever among older people.
You could sew it [Burzum patch] over your eye and pretend you were blind. Then, later on, you'd rip it off, in a shower of blood and tears, and reveal to everyone's astonishment that actually, you could see perfectly well. You'd be the life of the party.

Old 08-02-2009, 04:43 AM
Soul Raping Tyrant

i like Schecter, because they have lots of great models but also some kick ass models for begginers that doesnt cost too much, plus they have a stock depot in montreal so when you want a guitar thats not in store it doesnt take too much time to receive!
Sex leads to jealousy, jealousy leads to violence, violence leads to killing, killing leads to being scared, being scared leads to government manipulation, government manipulation leads to a shitty world, and this shitty worlds makes me want to have sex with the most people i can before i die. -- DW
Old 08-02-2009, 08:49 AM
Scream Bloody Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon View Post
Personally I prefer Fender over Gibson think about it if gibson are so much more creative why is the stratocaster the all time number one design. Also I don't hate Gibson just some employees who try to brag.
I've never heard Gibson say anything of the sort, but you have to admit, when speaking of classic guitar designs, you have to take into account the effect the Les Paul, Explorer and Flying V has had on music, not to mention Metal.