Go Back   Metal Throne Forums > General Metal Forums > Metal Reviews
About Us Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2017, 12:51 AM
Suffokkation

Default Lorna Shore "Flesh Coffin"

*yes I know its deathcore, and i don't generally like it either*

First off, I have to admit that I do classify myself as being one of those death metal "elitists" who turn a nose up to deathcore. Aside from whitechapel, because being from knoxville, i grew up listening to (along with the likes of cannibal corpse, suffocation, the black dahlia murder, dying fetus and the like). Now, saying that, I was reading Trevor Strnad's blog on metalsucks about new albums that come out, and what he's listening to; so when a band called lorna shore came on that list, with their new album "Flesh Coffin" being on that list, i had to do a double take. What is this, the GOD of melodic death metal trudging through the waste that is deathcore? Has death metal really lost its finesse? Then reading his take on it, it peaked my curiosity and i decided to check it out. Best decision i have made thus far in 2017. From the first song, hell, first minute of the first song, the listener can detect impossible to miss black metal influences which to me was both impressive and equally surprising. Their vocalist absolutely slays all his parts. That dudes range (Tom Barber) is far superior to any deathcore vocalist that I have heard. Mix the black metal influences with dark lyrics, most of which talk about death, murder, and suicide, this is a really dark album. A very impressive dark album to say the least; the whole album caught me completely off guard. Balancing the inevitable breakdowns (which are extremely creative, and sparse throughout) with the extreme blast beats, and very intricate guitar work, this album is a must listen to anyone who calls them self a metal fan. Open up your mind elitists, and you will fall in love with your new mistress. And her name is Lorna Shore's "Flesh Coffin"

RATE: 8.5/10

Old 04-12-2017, 01:13 PM
Usurper of The Throne

Default Re: Lorna Shore "Flesh Coffin"

Sometimes when I fart it smells like popcorn. Poopcorn

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Escape the Tesseract
Old 04-12-2017, 02:09 PM
Suffokkation

Deathcore would be perfect for your simplistic mind, im glad you commented on this review
Old 04-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Usurper of The Throne

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffokkation View Post
Deathcore would be perfect for your simplistic mind, im glad you commented on this review
So since you are the one reviewing deathcore does that mean we both have simplistic minds? Maybe someday you can come to my house and we can listen to Deathcore and smell each others poocorn. Isn't that what corefags do?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Escape the Tesseract