Go Back   Metal Throne Forums > Metal Musicians > Music, Lyrics and Tablature
About Us Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-30-2013, 09:05 AM
Sexual Debutant

Default Writing 1st metal song

(hope this is in the right thread)

I've only been playing for about a year, a few months with a electric, and playing power chords and was wondering what makes up a song? Intro, 1st verse, 2nd verse, chorus.... Is it just a bunch of riffs thrown together that link up, or something totally different?

I'm pretty new to all this, so any help would be grateful.

Old 03-30-2013, 09:49 AM
Impersonator

Default Re: Writing 1st metal song

have you ever heard a song?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:25 PM
Banned

Just make songs and eventually you'll get better, but the first song is always crap.
Old 06-19-2016, 05:58 PM
Sacrificial Suicide Cultist

Honestly there is no correct answer to this question. A typical arrangement might go intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus out to but that is pretty formulaic. There are no rules. Do what sounds/feels good to you. Let your ear guide you and you'll never get it "wrong".
. Enjoy!
Old 09-01-2016, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrent View Post
Honestly there is no correct answer to this question. A typical arrangement might go intro verse chorus verse chorus bridge chorus out to but that is pretty formulaic. There are no rules. Do what sounds/feels good to you. Let your ear guide you and you'll never get it "wrong".
this.

when we write shit we start out with copy and paste and then arrange . our formula when attempting songwriting is nothing different from what Torrent wrote. but once the vocals are finished everything changes drastically (edit: e.g. we start coming up with transitions and stuff to make it work). In our last song we have like intro,verse, verse, chorus, bridge, chorus, outro ... which worked quite well ... at least it looked fine in our books, but it's an oddball for shure.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM
Usurper of The Throne

I have an idea, lets go through the whole fucking forum and necro bump everything that is older than 2 years old. Because I'm sure Tungston still cant wait to hear what Torrent or Balsak have to say about a question he asked back in 2013.

Escape the Tesseract
Old 09-02-2016, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falsehammer View Post
I have an idea, lets go through the whole fucking forum and necro bump everything that is older than 2 years old. Because I'm sure Tungston still cant wait to hear what Torrent or Balsak have to say about a question he asked back in 2013.
lol everything around here is like nerco-emo-metal-dusted to fuck.
like right after everyone got smartass-dick-slapped and left for a more self-contained environment after they spammed your forum with their band and label adverts leaving all the bs behind so you have something to whine about. lol This place reminds me of sweden. used to be awesome until a bunch of welfare sucking dickheads and loudmouth politicians invaded and destroyed it. off I am masturbating to metal core.
Old 09-03-2016, 01:36 AM
Usurper of The Throne

I like the dusty dead threads right were they are no need to go around being stupid and trying to revive shit from someone who hasn't posted in years. The cobwebs are part of the appeal so eat shit core boy.

Escape the Tesseract