Go Back   Metal Throne Forums > General Metal Forums > Metal Bands
About Us Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2009, 06:05 AM
Sacrificial Suicide Cultist

Default Metallica

Metallica is one of the groups which are nominated in the "Best Band/Artist" category at the first-ever Inked True Colors Awards. The event will be held at the Hard Rock Hotel in Las Vegas, Nevada on 3rd October. The awards will "celebrate the tattoo culture and lifestyle by honoring the influencers and tastemakers of the tattoo community", according to a press release, with a concert to follow the awards ceremony. In the end of the nominations will hold a concert. The Inked True Colors Awards will coincide with Mario Barth's "World's Biggest Tattoo Convention" as well as Las Vegas Bike Fest 2009.
Two groundbreaking exciting concerts will be performed for 25th Anniversary of Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Metallica is invited to participate in a two night series of concerts at Madison Square Garden in New York. On the first night on 29th October Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Stevie Wonder, Simon and Garfunkel, Paul Simon, and Crosby, Stills, Nash and other long-expected bands will play. On 30th October Metallica will be honored to sing with U2, Eric Clapton and Aretha Franklin.
At the Marin Veterans' Memorial Auditorium on 11th September Metallica was invited to participate in Marin County Shocker’s benefit concert as the Marin History Museum prepares to launch the exhibit Marin Rocks.

Kerrang! Awards were announced on 3rd August at a gala ceremony in London. Metallica’s “Death Magnetic” won the award for The Best Album.

In support of ninth Metallica’s studio album - Death Magnetic, the band made a World Magnetic Tour which started 2008 and will be ended in 2010. The begging of Metallica world tour was on August 11, 2008. Three extra Metallica concerts were added: August 27 in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York. From 11th September to 12th December Metallica will make a big tour named North American Leg II. It will supported by Lamb of God, Gojira, Volbeat and Machine Head. The band will visit and play in more than twenty different cities.
Metallica won his first Grammy Award for best hard rock/heavy metal album with “Black Album”. In awarding drummer Lars Ulrich thanked publicly that group Jethro Tull didn’t issued an album this year as in 1988 Metallica failed to win for album of Jethro Tull.

To all the fans of the Metallica all over the globe, Buy Metallica tickets and don't miss the chance to see them live in your local city .

Old 08-29-2009, 01:50 PM
oneeyedkingoftheblind

Default Re: Metallica

Metallica? The name rings a bell - are they any good? When I get a chance, I'll check these guys out.
disgusting diplays of racism, homophobia and sexism
Old 08-29-2009, 01:59 PM
Senile Member

Yeah. Heard the name but never got the chance to check them out.

They play Black Metal?
You could sew it [Burzum patch] over your eye and pretend you were blind. Then, later on, you'd rip it off, in a shower of blood and tears, and reveal to everyone's astonishment that actually, you could see perfectly well. You'd be the life of the party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:40 PM
Sacrificial Suicide Cultist

No, I wouldn't say Metallica is black metal, they are more heavy metal, but I have also heard them referred to a thrash metal. Either way, they have some pretty great records. I highly recommend "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", and "Kill 'Em All". Over the years the "Black Album" has grown on me too.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:47 PM
Senile Member

*facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm* *facepalm*
You could sew it [Burzum patch] over your eye and pretend you were blind. Then, later on, you'd rip it off, in a shower of blood and tears, and reveal to everyone's astonishment that actually, you could see perfectly well. You'd be the life of the party.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:22 PM
oneeyedkingoftheblind

Oh
My
FUCKING
God
Old 08-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Unholy Grave Desecrator

You mean that band that covers Budgie excessively?
Old 08-29-2009, 05:11 PM
Metalcoholocaustist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
No, I wouldn't say Metallica is black metal, they are more heavy metal, but I have also heard them referred to a thrash metal. Either way, they have some pretty great records. I highly recommend "Ride the Lightning", "Master of Puppets", and "Kill 'Em All". Over the years the "Black Album" has grown on me too.
i bought their new one, death magnetic. It's really good. Is their older stuff in the same style???

|
|
Old 08-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Senile Member

I've only heard St. Anger, and it is quite good.

Anything else like it?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:24 PM
oneeyedkingoftheblind

You guys are noobs, their older stuff is waaaaay better. Reload is an awesome album.