Before registering at Metal Throne, all members are required to accept certain rules. These have been expanded upon below and it is recommended that all new members familiarize themselves with them before posting.
* No illegal material. This includes links to content on external websites as well as the posting of content within the forum.
* No explicit nudity. Partial nudity is generally accepted as long as it is kept to threads clearly marked as being NSFW. If people do not want to see it, they should be able to avoid it.
* No obscene or otherwise offensive material. This should be fairly obvious - people don't want to see things that would be more appropriate on a shock site.
* No spamming, which includes posting adverts for your band/website/whatever in places other than the sub-forums provided for that purpose.
* No threatening or hateful messages. Yes, arguments and flaming crop up from time to time, but continual abuse towards a forum member or members will not be tolerated.
* Before starting a new thread, use the search function at the top to see whether it already exists. If you have something relevant to add to a thread, bumping it isn't a problem.
* Respect other opinions. Tastes that differ from your own are not wrong
, they are different. There's a distinction.
* No trolling. Banning will follow.
If any of the above rules are broken, one of two things will happen:
* If the violation is severe enough, the member will be banned immediately. The degree to which they have broken the rules will determine whether the ban shall be temporary or permanent.
* Lesser violations will result in a warning. The warning will be given via Private Message and will include an explanation as to why it has been issued. If a member persists in their transgressions, a total of two warnings will be issued before a ban, the length of which is up to a moderator.
If you have received a warning for something you do not believe breaks the rules or was justified within the context, you may appeal. One appeal for each received warning is allowed.
To appeal, send a Private Message (PM) to a moderator, detailing why you believe the warning was unfair. This in turn will be discussed with the other forum moderators and a decision will be made whether to remove the warning or keep it in place. You may not appeal a second time if your initial appeal has been denied.
If you come across content on the forums that breaks the rules, please report the relevant post using the report button
on the upper right of the post. This will bring it to a moderator's attention and they will then proceed to deal with it appropriately.
If you're new to the forum, spend time browsing and seeing what is acceptable and what is not. Above all, use common sense when posting. Naturally there may be occasions where a certain posting violates the rules somewhat, but due to the context may be deemed acceptable. If you're unsure, consult a moderator before posting.
If you have any questions or queries relating to anything above, please PM a moderator.